Thursday, January 5, 2012

Booking Through Thursday: Who Would I Interview?


If you could sit down and interview anyone, who would it be?
And, what would you ask them?

One of the people I have always wanted to interview is Jean M. Auel, author of the Earth Children series.  One of my all-time favourite books is Clan of the Cave Bear, one of those books I have probably read around twenty times, and which I still get something new out of every reading, and I marvel at the complexity of the world and the characters which were created, and the brilliance of the imagination that went into such a work.

I have thought over and over again, what questions would I ask if I were ever given a chance to interview Ms. Auel (after I got over my excitement and the shaking that went with it).  I will admit I am a book nerd and react at seeing famous writers the same way my students do when they go to a Justin Bieber concert, but I can't help it.  I couldn't sleep the night before I met Lesley Livingston, but I am getting off track. 

What would I ask Jean M. Auel if given the chance?  Will Ayla ever see her first-born son again????? 

Then would come the usual questions about characterization, research, development, role models, inspiration, future plans, and the other usual questions we all ask in our interviews.

1 comments:

  1. I would interview Tom Clancy, and ask why he persists in writing technical manuals into his novels all the time.

    ReplyDelete